Home away from home - PEC 2017

12:48 PM

Every year we rent a huge house, pile into our car and drive 2.5hrs away to Prince Edward County - a gorgeous, sleepy little Ontario town known for their wines, cheeses and one of Ontario's greatest beaches.

I won't bother to do those play by play tedious recaps because let's face (and admit) it - we all hate those...so I'm just going to post all my pics with short summaries since I'm too lazy to go into detail.

For starters, it seems that we upgrade on accommodations each year; this year was an awesome 3500 sqft home by the water that sleeps 13.  5 bedrooms, 4 full baths, laundry, a huge deck that overlooks the sprawling grounds/lake, fully stocked kitchen and an entertainment area.



There was a gorgeous view from the kitchen:


Lots of reading on the huge, wrap-around deck:


We can't go without hitting our favourite wineries and cider house #duh.


Canada is confused and doesn't seem to understand that summer is supposed to mean hot, sunny days.  It was chilly, windy and cloudy during the first few days we were there; we did manage to get some beach days but only after waiting out the fucking cold, windy mornings waiting for Canada to get it together. Rude.


What I love about this little town are the things we discover every year...our most recent discovery is a tiny little bakery that works on the honor system and has the best baked goods I've ever tasted.  We hit this up every morning because delicious.


And an amazing little Trattoria/Pizzeria just outside of town. Reminds me of the ones I ate at during our adventures in Rome back in 2006.


To top it off, we looked at this every evening:


Another PEC trip in the books!  We miss it already.

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Looks like a great time. Love the wrap around deck and how cute is the bakery. My dads cousin in Canada said the same thing this week about Canada being confused. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time! And that bakery looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wrap-around deck is awesome and with such great views. I would have definitely planted my butt on a comfy chair and read and read and read. :D Thank goodness Canada eventually behaved and gave you a few nice beach days. I'd gladly send you some of our hot weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds and looks like quite a lovely vacation. Hopefully warm sunny days are heading your way now too. I hate when summer is cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow gorgeous views!! I really hope to make it to that area of the country one day. We're coming as far as Toronto & Niagara in August but obviously it's not the same kind of trip. haha. Our weather has been BEYOND hot in July so I wish I could have sent you some for your vacay!!
    That bakery looks awesome!! Hope you got some good books in :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous place! I love that bake shop and your wrap around porch! And that VIEW!
    I've never been to a cider house but now I need to go to one...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like so much fun! R&R trips are great sometimes! I love it when people have a "place" they go every season or whatever. It's fun to have a place you love and frequent. Someday! Glad you enjoyed your time away. Xo - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those views are amazing! Looks like a really fun time!! I get so overwhelmed when I see super long/detailed recaps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'd never get me off that porch...
    except maybe to go to that adorable bakery place.
    But right back to the porch

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha did Kayla get any of your husband's DNA at all?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the tiny bakery and your deck views!

    ReplyDelete
  12. THIS IS SO CUTE. I have never been on a vacation like this where you hang out in the town and just enjoy the scenery, but we are planning one in the spring with my husband's family and this makes me more excited!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wine, cheese and beach? I'm sold! Can I tag along next time? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful place. That view from the kitchen! WOW, I would never want to leave. Happy to hear that you had a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those views!!! Amazing!!! I would be more than happy to send you guys our heat and humidity. I am so read for some cooler weather. And by cooler, I would settle for mid 80s lol. That bakery looks so cute!!! And give me all the cider!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love that you take this trip every year, what a fabulous tradition. gorgeous views and i would have eaten everything in that little bakery.

    ReplyDelete