(Long) Weekending & Shizz [8-8]

  • August 08, 2017
  • By Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky
  • 11 Comments

I'm just coming off a long weekend that was 100% fantastic. I won't go into much detail because I'm lazy but I basically partied all weekend with family.  It was amazing.

+ All last week, family from all over the globe flew into Toronto for our huge reunion that was in the works for nearly a year so it was non stop visiting peeps I haven't seen in years and meeting those I've never met (my awesome 1st and 2nd cousins from England).  It was strange hearing English accents instead of Jamaican and I loved meeting/talking with them.  Most of the week consisted of late nights, lots of eating (like, LOTS of eating), laughs and jokes all the live long day.

when the fam is so huge, it takes several attempts to fit everyone in the frame.

+ I don't think I've ever eaten so much in my life but I don't get to eat fried plantain from the homeland too often so eat it I did.  I didn't even snap a pic because I inhaled them so fast #nomfuckingnom.

+ Kayla met her cousin for the first time and they became instant besties.

+ I met my bestie:


+ Brought my cousin and her husband to train at the gym (I'm holding pads for them).
video


+ I bought an adorable craft cart but when I went to move it behind my desk, I lifted up my recycling bin and found this monster waiting to attack:

In all my life here in Canada, I have never seen a spider this big...it's cold here so bugs usually don't get to this size and I'm not kidding when I say that it was as big as a toonie.  In a panic (after furiously messaging my husband to come home right fucking now), I messaged the Ahole Bros group and Nadine sent me this as my only option LOL.



+ But my craft cart:


+ Guys - this video. I shared this on Facebook with Amy because we're both savages and love watching hilarious vids of people making fools of themselves and falling down.  I think I watched this for a full 5 minutes because it's so fucking funny.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I am glad you lived to tell the story about the spider. I hope none of its friends come for vengeance. Now give me all the fried plantains!!!! That reminds me of the Puerto Rican restaurant here that serves them. Nom nom nom Also, hell yes to doggie snuggles. Kayla needs a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have anxiety just looking at that picture of the spider! It's freakin' Aragog from Harry Potter! Glad you had such an amazing time with family, and yessss to all the food :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the actual fuck is that spider, dear lord. That's an Australian spider, why is it in Canada?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YYAYAYAYAYAY for all the family. How wonderful everyone was able to get together. And I bet the food was amazing, I'm jealous. Also super jealous of the Muay Thai workout, I so badly wish I could come to your gym and have you kick my ass!

    That spider, holy shit! And the girl falling, what a dumb dumb person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People falling is the freaking best.

    Love the craft card and your dog BFF. Awesome to have the family all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That spider. Holy crap! I'd have set Max on it. He is my bug exterminator! I'm so glad you had an awesome time with your family. And fried plantains. It's been a long time since I've had some and now I want some. Right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That damn spider WTF?! I would have flipped an absolute shit. There was a big ass moth flying around my house the other day and I kept texting Jerry that there was a bat in our house. HELL NO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have freaked out if I saw that spider. That is one BIG Spider!! I HATE bugs! OMG, I would have just ran out of the house and called 911! OK, I'm being dramatic..but really I would have lost my mind. I can't stop laughing at that video. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY LORD THAT IS A HUGE SPIDER. ICK! So glad you had a great time with your family! I love all of the photos. Kayla and her cousin are too cute. and that dog, oh my gosh! Adorable! I love the craft cart! Where did you get it? I've been watching videos comparing the IKEA one with the Michael's one. I need to get more organized now that PL stuff has taken over my life! LOL XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY LORD... that girl. is she alive?!?!!?!? I'll laugh when I find out she is indeed breathing.

    That craft cart. ALL THE HEART EYES!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love a good family reunion. My family is huge too so I totally get it.

    WTF is that spider monster thing. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete