Weekending & Shizz [7-10]

7:35 AM

+ Late to the party but I just signed up for Netflix.  Listen, when you get free TV at home (we work for the TV company), it's kinda hard to suddenly start paying for TV, even if it's only $10/month.  Can I tell you how much I'm loving it, though?  I started Wentworth (the reason why I contemplated signing up in the first place) and it's awesome.



+ While roaming around in one of my favourite places (the local bookstore), I saw these on sale and snapped it up.  I'm saving these for when Kayla is old enough to read them; I may reread them myself.


+ One of the things I love doing is making dinner with my little assistant.  We throw on some tunes and chat/sing as we chop/prep the ingredients.  I love that Kayla is able to handle a knife (with supervision of course) and she enjoys helping me cook.  Last night she trimmed and halved the brussel sprouts as well as sliced up the lemons.


+ Did I boast about this Borax paste yet? I probably did but that doesn't mean you can't read about it again.  Since I vowed not to let my oven get gross to a point where I have to whip out my steam cleaner, I thought I'd try this Borax paste that emulsifies grease to see how well it would clean some baked-on oil....it was incredible. I just rubbed a bit of this paste and the grime came off so easily!  Took me no longer than 2 minutes to get my oven door sparkly clean.


+ Does anyone else drink Kombucha water/tea/tonic?  My friends have been raving about it; it's supposed to be some kind of health tonic that promotes healthy gut flora and digestion, great for joints and your immune system.  Regardless if this stuff is actually true, this stuff tastes great.


Today, Kayla starts Muay Thai camp so she'll be hanging out at the gym all week.  Maybe this will encourage her to enter the tournament in November?  In any case, while she's at camp, I'll be getting some facial acupuncture/hormonal stabilizing treatments done because I missed 2 sessions and my skin is really feeling it.

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Love that she helps you out in the kitchen. Honestly one of the best mummy/daughter things to do. My sister in Australia makes Kombucha. I dont know much about it but I know she sends me weird pics of the process lol. I may try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Netflix! It's so easy to binge with it. I watched all of Glow this weekend in no time... I didn't realize that there were only ten eps and they just kept going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you're starting Kayla in the kitchen early!

    Scott loves kombucha but I'm not a fan.

    We'll see you when you climb out of your Netflix hole, I suppose :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I get that it would be hard to pay for TV when you were getting it for free, but Netflix is just plain awesome! I forgot to get a box of Borax when I was at the store yesterday but I will get some next weekend. My oven and microwave could use a good scrubbing. Hope Kayla has fun at camp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVEEEE Kombucha. My step daughter used to make it - it was delicious too. I try to drink a bottle every week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so against getting Netflix but it was the BEST decision ever. OMG, I get so sucked into binge watching. It's like the greatest thing ever. haha Maybe too good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mommy daughter time in the kitchen sounds awesome, how fun! Good luck to Kayla at camp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure Kayla will have a blast this week! And I hear ya on not wanting to pay for Netflix if you're receiving tv for free. We subscribe to their discs in the mail (because they don't have the new releases available on streaming), and we use our friend's account for the streaming. Because cheap :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to cook with my mom in the kitchen and now, as an adult, I can make just about anything. If I don't know how to do it, I'm not shy about looking up a recipe or consulting the internet. I honestly think it's a superb thing to teach your kids to cook!
    There are so many books that I've read but now I want to buy them because I loved them so much... ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Netflix. LOVE LOVE it. I love that you and Kayla get some bonding time in while y'all are doing dinner, and the added bonus that she's learning to cook. I need to get Sheffield started. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Netflix is my jam! I am trying to convince my husband that we should cut the cable because we NEVER watch it. However he won't let me because once football season starts he wants to be able to be lazy and watch the game from home. Ugh. I love that Kayla loves to help with dinner! Kombucha apparently has a ton of great benefits! I have had a few that I enjoyed and one that was way too wild for my tastes ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet that Kayla helps make dinner! And yay for Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yum, Brussels sprouts. It's been too long. Love you and your Borax obsession. I've been avoiding netflix. Not sure why. Xo - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete