Update

  • July 17, 2017
  • By Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky
  • 17 Comments

How is July nearly over?  More importantly, where the hell is summer?  We've been having more rainy/cold days than not and it's really annoying when summer is nearly over and you're still as pasty as you were in the winter.

Work fuck-off time has been glorious; the days are long and wonderful and filled with laziness, naps, reading and Netflix and all of this doesn't make for interesting blogging.  But what is interesting are my findings about hydrolized collagen and its benefits.  I stumbled up on this topic while searching for something else and read that a poster's super dry skin/hair/nails completely did a 180 when she started taking hydrolized collagen daily.  That prompted me to look into this more and every single poster reported the same thing.  Then my sister - the ultimate traitor - told me that she's been taking it regularly for months and I hollered "bitch, why didn't you tell me?!" #rude.  Hiding beauty secrets from your own flesh and blood is the ultimate sin.  As soon as she told me, I legit dropped everything I was doing, got in the car and went to the health store.


Prior to ordering/taking this, I was actually looking for reasons (and fixes for) why my skin decided to give me the finger and return to its dry, flaky self.  For nearly a year, I had amazing, hydrated, supple, glowing skin and then this month, it was like, 'fuck you, I'm going to make you look like an old hag'.  I'll have a review up soon but I can say that after taking this for only 3 days, my skin is returning back to its beautiful hydrated self.

+ Aside from the fact that I've given up on my dining room - aka the place where everything gets dumped and forgotten - it seems that my craft room/office has also turned into a dumping ground for "ok, I'll just put it here and file it away later".....it's a vicious cycle *sigh*.

I spent a good portion of my week organizing this entire space and currently in the middle of figuring out how to hang up the frames and cork boards that have been on the floor for months #dontjudge.

+ I switched back to my A5 planner.  As much as I hate to admit it (and considering the amount of money I spent on my personal sized planner), I like the A5 size better because there's more room to write, doodle/decorate and I was kidding myself when I thought that I could make the personal size monthly calendar work...who the hell can even write anything in those teeny tiny spaces?


+ How awesome is this pic of Kayla sparring with our coach? I can't begin to tell you how happy and proud this makes me.  The advanced kids are now allowed to spar, first with the coach, then with each other.  Safety is priority so he spars with them first to get a feel for their power and reaction and if he's comfortable with it, then he allows them to spar with each other.  Kayla loves it and has been seriously thinking about entering the National tournament this year and the International tournament in Iowa in the spring.


+ Work fuckoff time calls for facials, obviously.


+ My new gym bag.  Kayla needed a bigger gym bag so she asked for mine and now I walk into the gym with this thing.  When I grumbled about it, Kayla said "but it has a K for your name! and it's sparkly so you'll be the fanciest person there".  Well done, Kayla.


+ I ended up marking as DNF and returning two books that I was looking forward to reading but they weren't doing it for me.


And instead, I'm taking these with me to Prince Edward County:


That's right, our annual summer trip to Prince Edward County is upon us!  We leave on Saturday morning for a full week of napping, drinking, wine touring, eating and beaching (if this damn weather holds up) with four other families and we're so excited.

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. I've been taking a scoop of Vital Proteins collagen peptides in my coffee every day for about a year now. Best thing ever!! I buy that one because it is Whole30 approved and paleo. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that sparkly gym bag! And look at Kayla go, can't wait to hear more about her wanting to enter the tournament in Iowa! Sending some warmth and sunshine up your way <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Im posting my planner tomorrow (or sometime this week) - 6 months too late but still posting it. I am using a personal kikki K and am truly obsessed. I write REALLY small naturally so it works for me. But please post your A5. I dunno why I love seeing what people have in their planner but I do. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Kayla! That girl of yours is too awesome... and so is your gym bag! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kayla is such a bad ass. I wish I was half as awesome as she is. I do love that gym bag -- and I'll need to check on this collagen stuff. Both you and Nadine's sisters have said good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sparkle bag is awesome and if it had an S I'd totally carry it around.
    definitely going to need to hear more about this collagen so I'm looking forward to the review

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sparkle bag! You are the fanciest person there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to jump on this collagen train since you and my sister are riding it. I think it is so awesome that Kayla is such a badass and thinking about the competition! Have a wonderful time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would totally carry a sparkle bag with my initial on it - proudly! :)
    I love the confidence Kayla has to have from all that sparring she's doing.
    ... yep... still jealous of your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking into that hydrolized collagen asap because my skin has always been dry and flaky. And now that I'm swimming regularly, which is a good thing, but it means my skin is even drier. Bleck. Kayla is already a force to be reckoned with and I cannot even imagine how glorious she will be as an adult. Your desk looks like mine. It's impossible to keep them organized. I blame gremlins!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha i love your sparkly backpack!! I hear ya about the pocket size planners, I find them difficult to write in. I can't write that small and then be able to read what I wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband uses that supplement and I've started to use it some too. The sparkly backpack, too fun, especially with Kayla's thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be curious to see how you like 'The Orphan's Train'! Other than the weather and your skin (that's fast improving), it sounds like you're having a great summer!! Enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all things sparkly, so yes, I love that bag. This was a perfect post for me to read, since I'm so far behind with my blog reading. I wonder if I can just request that everyone write an "update" post just for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Taking supplements has really helped my dry skin. Glad you found something new to try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish it was cooler here. It's just too hot for me to ever be outside. The last few times I've been out for more than 30 minutes I feel heat exhaustion coming on. I'm not even joking it's been really bad. I'm just not good with summer or being in the heat at all. Interesting... I'll have to look into this supplement. :) Have so much fun on your trip. I definitely want to go there someday. Hope the two books you take turn out to be better than the last two. XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  17. can't wait for your full review on the collagen shit!

    ReplyDelete