Hello Summer

  • June 12, 2017
  • By Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky
  • 13 Comments


I know, I need to STFU already but I'm so happy that work fuck off time has begun, even if it's only for the summer.  I think the universe is aligned with my plan because on Friday, I had an amazing 7am workout, the sun was shining and the weather was warm when I left the gym. When I pulled into the parking lot at work, got VIP parking right in front of the building (which is really hard to get), a lot of people who usually work remotely showed up so I got to say goodbye, got taken out to lunch and then I left early (1:30pm).

BEST DAY EVER.

As soon as I left work, I went to get some important things done because priorities:

These babies were on sale which is something I haven't seen since I discovered them....see what I mean about the universe aligning with my summer off plan?

Now, I do this every time work fuck-off time rolls around - I put a list together of things I need to do which let's face it, sits there until it's time to go back to work.  This time around, I'm going to put achievable goals so that I do something other than nothing.

+ sit outside every morning with coffee, breakfast and my book.  My plan for this is already in motion - with the fantastic weather on Friday and the rest of the weekend, we've already started cleaning up and got our patio furniture in order.

+ get my closet back in order.  Like my dining room, maintenance of my closet has fallen by the wayside. It's been like this since winter - yarn and snowboarding gear everywhere, things just piled onto my shelves to be put away etc. I hate it and hate walking into my closet with this mess.

+ call the telco guy to come and install an ethernet line in my basement because it seems my basement walls are made of lead and can't get a good wifi signal.

+ increase my training again.  Now that I no longer have to worry about waking up for work the next day, I can go to the later classes and stay for sparring.

I'm also going to try and start jiu jitsu classes.  I really liked the class I tried a couple of weeks ago so now that I have time off, I'd like to go at least once a week (Friday evenings).

+ plant herbs. Going to try my hand at this again but I'm using a different approach - planting actual herb plants (instead of seeds) into large potters and leave them outside - basil, rosemary and thyme.

Hope you all had a good weekend!

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. WOOOHOOO WFO time. Enjoy enjoy enjoy this time in the summer. Have a lazy day or two for me will ya?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the summer off!! Woohoo!! So jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo jealous of your fuck off time!!! I want some! Will you come plant me some herbs when you are off? Thanks. Glad you liked your class you tried a few weeks ago and plan to go. Clearly wine needed to be the first stop! The universe was telling you it was ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done better with herb plants vs. herbs from seeds.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously though...how did you score work fuck off time for the entire summer? What post did I miss about this. BEST SHIT EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're just twisting the knife now.... just saying ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I put a list together of things I need to do which let's face it, sits there until it's time to go back to work." - I can so relate to this! :D So jealous of your free summer! I am a notorious plant killer but did manage to get a container of basil alive last summer. I did not start with seeds but a real plant, which made a huge difference. I actually want to try to plant a few more herbs this summer but my patio doesn't get a ton of sun so I need to do a little investigating to see what can handle a half day of sun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds amazing! Let me know how planting herbs goes! I really want to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awesome that you can take a summer off from work?! Patio, nice weather, wine, and a book... yes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A whole summer off - that is sooooo awesome! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The universe was TOTALLY on your side that day! Good list of stuff to do- a nice mix of housework/chores and self-care items!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Might as well start the summer off with a whole case!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your time off! I see you have your priorities in line. I need to do a closet clean as well. Yikes. XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete