It's OK {Friday edition}

7:00 AM


I made it - my last deployment.  Irrespective of the fact that I had to bow out of our vacation because of work (I'm here in the city while my husband is in New York) and I've been up since 5am sanity testing the code from last night's deployment, it's Friday and the long weekend and did you hear? my last deployment!  You have no idea how happy I am.

It's been a long few months as we prepared for this launch.  Long hours were put in, frustration at an all time high, anger ensued....but after all that's been said and done, I can add yet another notch to my professional belt of high profile projects that I delivered.

And because my dedication to my work has made me shift and juggle my personal life, it's OK that....

.... I went to get my hair did at 930am on a Wednesday while work thought I was "at an appointment"....which technically, I was.  Hey, if they made me work on Mother's Day, then I'm allowed to do my Mother's Day things during the week after.

.... I ignore stupid useless people at work and basically take over their project because they're incompetent #yesididthat.

.... I visibly and loudly showed my annoyance to all the executives about not being invited to the launch party FOR THE PRODUCT THAT I BUILT AND LAUNCHED.  Can you fucking believe that shit?  Me and the architect who have been on this release since it began a year and a half ago didn't even get invited but those who attended like, 2 meetings, did.  That's some bullshit right there.

.... I decided to work from home from Wednesday to Tuesday (of next week) and didn't give a shit what anyone thought about that since I'm supposed to be on vacation in NYC right now but am not because of work.

.... I often sometimes day-drink when working from home because fuck work.

.... I prefer a quiet night in with a good book and wine instead of going out with humans.

.... I STFU and basically speak to no one after work because all I do at work is talk and I'm tired of talking.

It's a long weekend here for us Canucks and it couldn't have come at a better time!  This is the first weekend that I don't have a deployment (because I've been up since 5am doing sanity testing from last night's deployment)  so I have no other plans other than RnR!

Have a good weekend, everyone!

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I would love working with you, honestly. We'd leave each other alone all day and get shit done and only talk to finish everything. And then we'd drink a lot. We'd be unstoppable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA just last week i was editing pics (WFH) and i said to my roommate "ok i just poured wine, don't judge but i'm sooooo bored editing pics right now, i need to make this fun." it helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You pat yourself on the back all you want... you worked hard!!!! Congrats on getting through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You absolutely deserved to get your hair did during working hours. Especially when you arent even invited to your own fucking launch party. How rude!!! I hope you enjoy all the drinks and treats this weekend! You need them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on getting your project done! Also you totally deserve that hair appointment you have been busting ass!

    Also what the fuck is that if they didn't invite you to the launch party? I mean seriously?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... F*ck those guys for not inviting you to the launch party. I'd be irate. Good on you for getting your hair done and drinking through the bullshit. (And congrats on finishing this project up!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for successful and final deployment. Major BOO for not inviting you to the launch party. Seriously???? That makes zero sense. And ummm ... I've gotten my hair highlighted during work hours because sometimes work owes you that time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so mad on your behalf that you didn't get invited! That's some bullshit! What kind of work do you do? Sounds stressful at times. Ugh. Have a great weekend and relax... you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your much deserved long weekend of RnR! That's some major bullshit that you weren't invited!! I'd be pissed off too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you took your hair apt. during work hours! It's actually genius!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of these are 100% okay, lady! I've called a massage and a hair cut an appointment before, because hell yeah work had sucked the life out of me and I needed to breath. I can't believe they didn't ask you to the launch party, what a bunch of piss ants.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm yet to try drinking at home though I work online. Maybe one of these days. Haha. Oh, I hope you have a much better week this week. I'll (virtually) drink with you. Love wine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so gross about the execs that get invited. Rude. But unfortunately so typical. :( Hope you are recovering from hard work well done! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete