Stuff you should add to your list (but probably don't need)

7:15 AM

1) when your muscles are in need of insta-massage, I turn to my j/fit high density foam roller.

After 3 sessions with my physiotherapist, we finally uncovered the source of my back pain: my serratus anterior (right side), right adductor, neck and abs are so tight and tense that they're pulling on the right side of my body and the result is pain in my lower back.  Since I've started foam rolling rolling multiple times a day, the pain has disappeared...even after I train, I'm not hobbling in pain.

2) Adidas Techfit sports bras.  I can't stand bras that are too tight or have that fake padding that make you look like you have cones for boobs but these medium support bras fit like a dream, wicks the sweat away from your body and doesn't let your girls move when you're getting your fitness on.  I find mine at Winners for about $19.99.


3) Under Armor no-slip headbands.  I love these headbands - they're comfortable and stay put even during the most intense muay thai classes and have even stayed put when when people are trying to grab my head to knee me in the face (clinching)


5) This book.  Just read it; you won't regret it.


6) Garmin Vivoactive fitness watch. This is was my husband's but I've since claimed it as mine because well, I want it #keepinitreal.  It tracks my heart rate, distance, steps and pretty much any activity (run, swim, bike, walk, golf). It has built in GPS and a great battery life.  Pair it to your phone and you can control your music, volume etc.  I seriously love this watch.

7) Eminence Organics (Caramel) tinted moisturizer.  With spring finally here and the sun coming out more often, I protect my face with this natural product that not only feels great, doesn't dry out my skin (I find that other products make my face feel dry by mid-day) but it also gives my face a soft, matte look; something I never noticed until this year (even though I've been using this for years).


linking up with Lauren

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. My husband's new desire is a "fit watch." But he isn't sure which one- will keep this one in mind, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look for that sports bra at TJ Maxx or Nordstrom Rack next time I am out. I am in need of some new ones! I feel like I always am. I am hard on my sports bras lol. I have never used a roller but I will consider one when I am 100% back on hardcore training. I want the apple watch so bad right now. I think if I saw how little activity I was doing...it would motivate me to do more. I sold my fitbit last year and I dont think I want another one of those...I like the watch because it has other functions too...you know...like being a watch. And you can make it look nicer to match outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will add the book to my list! I've been eyeing that tinted moisturizer for a long time, ever since you pointed me in the direction of that line. I should finally just order it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to buy a foam roller. Of course I've been saying this for years now and have yet to buy one

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Garmin sounds awesome. Same with the foam roller! I think I just added that book to my GoodReads TBR list. (Nope, I didn't. But I am now!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had my eyeballs on a foam roller for a while now -- my dad uses one and swears by it. I'm also really in the market for a fit watch - but I have zero ideas on any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEP - I'm getting ready to get that watch - actually the newer one with the heart rate in it. My Nike watch finally died & I'm lost right now.

    What is the deal with that padding in those bras? I am having the HARDEST time finding just regular, CONELESS BOOB bras!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if a foam roller would help for all of my various tendinitis feet probs... gonna research that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw crap. I had the Samuel Hawley book but didn't get a chance to read it before it was due. Looks like I need to recheck it out! I'm going to take a look at the Eminence Organics (Caramel) tinted moisturizer. I like tinted moisturizers too but have found them to be drying too, so hearing that is not an issue makes me intrigued. Plus, I assume that caramel will also be a good choice for me too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to try that organic tinted moisturizer, and a sports bra that fits well and won't cause the Madonna cone look? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been hemming and hawing about that book so maybe I'll have to just add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Foam rolling is the reason I'm sure I'm a glutton for punishment. It hurts so good. I'm thinking of getting one with the little knobs to further break up the tissue.

    Im going to look into that moisturizer. I've been wanting a new one and you just handed me a product.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen that book everywhere so I'm super intrigued by it. I'll have to see if the library has it now. I hate sports bras with padding - who does that help? Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I added the book to my Goodreads list. Thanks for joining the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to find that bra and stat! Thanks for sharing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I currently have the fitbit alta which I love for tracking steps and sleep, but it doesn't do a great job of accurately tracking the amount of calories burned for activities since it's geared towards steps mostly. Does the garmin do a good job with that?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd given up on finding no-slip headbands, but now I'm interested in trying those Under Armour ones.
    That book is already on my list, but my library doesn't have it :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. I use my foam roller for my old lady back. It feels all kinds of awesome.

    Comment is making me anonymous. brittany@blissfulbritt.com YO

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, dear. I think I would indeed add these to my list. Haha.
    Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love our foam roller. Ours has little bumps on it so it gets really intense :)

    ReplyDelete