Simple things that make me happy.

7:35 AM

In a world that's full of shit and awfulness, sometimes ignorance is truly bliss. With all the crap that's going on and the chaos that's splashed all over the daily news, I sometimes like to bury my head in the sand and pretend it's not happening.  Instead, I choose to stay in my happy bubble:

+ Reading Buzzfeed book recommendations, checking out the ratings on Goodreads and 
then putting them on hold at my library.

+ Reading said (library) books.

+ Updating my planner - it calms and keeps me sane even when things are turned upside down.  This includes printing required inserts or simply organizing it and jotting down any dates that need to be remembered.  I'm in the middle of planning Kayla's birthday party for June so there are a ton of ideas and birthday present thoughts jammed in here.

+ Spending time in my craft room.  There are times I don't have anything to create or do; just being in this space makes me feel good.



+ The YouTube rabbit hole.  How can you not smile and feel good when watching adorable animals and "fainting" goats?


+ Kayla's Reading Club - her best idea yet.  The other day, I closed my book, closed my eyes and fell asleep on her shoulder.  Woke up to her cuddling right into me reading her book.  It was so amazing.
 

+ Wine. It makes everything happy.

+ A hot cup of delicious coffee.  My aunt just brought back a bag of Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee straight from the motherland.

+ Self-pampering.  Whether I do my nails, exfoliate and slap on a face mask or even colour my hair, setting time aside to take care of me always makes me happy.

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Yes, yes, & yes to the coffee, wine, & planner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the pampering. Just accomplishing something involving self-care makes me feel less frazzled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to come over and sit and read with you and Kayla. I'll bring the wine. And juice for her. You guys make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The goats! Amazing. How can you not feel better after watching them?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, a book club with Kayla?! That is amazing.
    I also love putting books on hold - yay!
    Your craft room is so legit and awesome. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pampering is always a good thing and always makes me happy. Love your craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a fan of all of those things!!! I especially love Kayla's book club idea!! So sweet you woke up to her snuggling :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great list, and I totally agree that focusing on the small/great things can really help keep things in perspective! I wish I had a craft room... but I can second crafting, planning, and reading! Yes. I am much more of a cocktail girl, but a good cocktail is the best. XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kayla needs to start her own blogging book club ;) I'd join for a good excuse to read some fun & cute YA books ;)

    I love getting my planner laid out for the week - all the fresh possibilites - & CLEAN calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wine and coffee - yes please! And still loving your craft room, such a great space you created <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with all of this 100 percent. One of the best things about working from home is having to create this room that is just for me. Sometimes I just go sit in there. With wine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list. I can agree or relate to most all of it with a few minor twists (like tea for me, instead of coffee). And, I think it's great to focus on these little things too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hell to the yes on the coffee. I'm headed to the Motherland in 2 weeks and can. not. wait. You want anything?

    ReplyDelete