Three on Thursday

  • March 16, 2017
  • By Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky
  • 16 Comments

Stealing a page out of Stephanie's playbook, here are three awesome things on this here Thursday:

1) Silicone cups for muscle aches/pains.  I've been a long (and loving) fan of eastern medicine and when I found a set of silicone cups during during Amazon Prime day for $15, I snapped that up and I swear, it was the best $15 I've ever spent.  Easy to use and yields great suction power, I cup myself whenever my muscles are sore from training and I always feel so much better (I also recover much faster).

Cupping has long been used by my people for muscle tension, pain and relaxation. It promotes circulation (which promotes healing in the body), relieves pain, removes the 'heat' and toxins that often linger in your body's tissues.  It feels so good and it's so relaxing that I often fall asleep on the table when my acupuncturist is cupping my back or other body limbs.



2) MuscleCare.  My husband met the man who created this product and received a few bottles to try and this stuff is legit.  It's easy to apply (roll-on) and starts working right away.  Kayla had sore thighs from doing plyo jumps so I applied some of this on and she was a happy camper afterwards.


3) Rosehip & Lemongrass moisturizer.  I've been trying out a sample of a new moisturizer and so far, so good.  It doesn't irritate my skin, keeps it hydrated all night and day and smells wonderful.  Bonus: it's also cheaper than my usual moisturizer (by $8).

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. I have a back problem and I need these! First time to see that silicone cup. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo that moisturizer looks nice! I'm actually going to try making my own (fun little weekend project for me) but if it doesn't work out, I'll look into that one.
    Cupping still freaks me out, even though I know you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lemongrass is one of the best scents. and tastes. aromas? all of the above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MFD uses Elemis products on sore muscles. They have great stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I might try cupping for some of my tennis aches and pains. I wonder if that pain reliever would work on a tendon? I have extensor tendinitis in the top of my left foot and it hurts like a mother after I play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My best friend is a massage therapist and now she is taking classes on cupping and she said that I could be her guinea pig/test subject! I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are speaking to me & my 45 year old aching body.
    I am going right now to look for that roll on stuff
    & had NO IDEA you could do cupping at home. Do you always put them on your back? Or where the aches are? ... Are they hard to get off?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you find it easy to apply the silicone cups yourself? I had no idea that was even really a thing you could do on your own although I have heard amazing things about cupping. I'm going to check into that...I would love it for the occasional shoulder pain etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cheaper moisturiser, score! i am intrigued by the MuscleCare - sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to bookmark that moisturizer. I just bought some new stuff and we'll see how it works. This dry old skin is thirsty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mother-in-law got a massage a few weeks ago and they used cups on her. She was SO shocked by the whole procedure, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The idea of cupping freaks me out. But I don't get massages for the same reason so maybe I'm not a good judge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok ok ok I am going to try to jump on the eminence train ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to try to sore muscle reliever thing -- I'm always in a lot of pain after an Orange Theory day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The silicone cups are awesome!! My father-in-law has awful back pain from a car wreck he was in once. It sucks, he'll do something totally normal and his back will go out. I'm not sure if he's tried acupuncture, but I wish he would. He has to get an epidural just to recover about once per year. :( My friend is a dance and she swears by arnica products. I think she uses the gel. I have a massage oil with arnica (because I thought I was buying gel... whoops), and it works really well if I'm stressed before bed. KC rubs it into my shoulders and back and it really helps. :) XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to check into that MuscleCare for my daughter - it's dance competition season and they've added more tumbling to their routines so anything can (and usually does) happen.

    ReplyDelete