Shit Kayla Says

12:00 AM

When Kayla was telling us that her friend's dad got remarried:
Kayla: So when the daddy gets married again, what do the kids call the lady? Do they call her "Mommy"?
Me: Well, that depends; if they're close, then maybe they call her "mommy"...but most of the time I think they call her by her first name.
Kayla: Really? that would be weird.
Me: If daddy married another woman, what would you call her?
Kayla:  Intruder.



When Kayla was folding laundry and came across my workout shirts:
Kayla: Mommy, your shirts have a lot of bad words on them.

When she was telling us about her day at school:
Kayla: When we were at our learning stations, this girl farted beside me and then left so everyone looked at me! They thought it was me!
My husband and I:


When Kayla asked me to make her a poncho.
Me:  sure! how about we do a nice gray colour? that will match your clothes.
Kayla: no mommy, gray is for old ladies.
Me: what? that's not true. Why do you say that?
Kayla: because it matches their hair.


When we were trying to arrange who can get Kayla and take her home:
Kayla: can daddy pick me up?
Me:  I don't think so...Daddy might not be finished his ride at that time.  Besides, I'll be in the area so it's better if I do it.  What does it matter anyway?
Kayla: we go get donuts when daddy picks me up.
Me: 

My husband:

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Haha these are funny! Kayla is a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Intruder" = the best!
    Who doesn't like donuts? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahahahahaha she totally spilled daddy's secret. He bribes her with donuts!!!!!! And I'm still laughing at intruder even though you shared that with the ahole bros. at least you know she's got your back even if she acts like daddy's girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intruder... that's hilarious. I love the farting story hahaha, I bet she was pissed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intruder!!! You go girl. LOL at the donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, she's hilarious. I'm still cracking up over the intruder reply!! And the farting scandal. And the secret donut runs! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO funny. 95% of the donuts my kids consume come from their father too. LOL. The one about grey ponchos also totally cracks me up. What a kid!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the donuts and the death stare you must have given!!! EPIC! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Intruder thing is so the best child comment ever!!! :) haha
    Dad just got BUSTED with the donuts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kayla. She is her mother's daughter for sure. Intruder. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my... these are so great! I love this! Intruder is probably my favorite, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH lololol! That last one is hilarious. I can imagine all the faces. ahhaha that's great. kids really do say the funnies things! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  14. The intruder & donuts ones made me bust out laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha to the intruder. She knows what's up. And I love how she spilled daddy's secret -- but come on, I'd follow whoever promises me donuts too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Intruder!!!! She's hilarious. 1000% your kid :)

    ReplyDelete