Weekending & Shizz [2-27]

10:30 AM

+ My husband asked for my pesto pasta so I made fresh pesto for my gluten free pesto chicken penne.  I forgot how yummy this dish is. Kayla asked if I could also make macaroni and cheese for her since pesto isn't really her jam but I ain't no short order cook so I basically told her she eats what I make for dinner or she eats nothing.  By the way, she loved it and had two helpings #tigermom.



+ Spent Saturday night on my chair crocheting my fancy poncho. FYI, I decided to make a poncho after I saw a nice pattern in a store but it was $85 and fuck that shit. This poncho only cost me $8 and my time.


+ Went for my monthly facial on Sunday and it was glorious.  I bought a package of 10 facials last year and now I get to go every month for the next 9 months #treatyoself #best.


+ After my facial, I walked over to the motherland (aka the bookstore).  I can spend hours in here just cruising down each aisle and inhaling all the book smells.  FYI, I never buy books but decided to get these two because I've been working on gaining daily (book) points (another post on this later) and I had a $17 gift card so I only paid $9 for both.
Judy Blume was a favourite author of mine when I was Kayla's age and I wanted her to read "Blubber" because of its anti-bullying message.  She's already halfway through the book and loving it.

Kill the Father is a new book that just got released in North America and omg, it looks amazing.

+ Did a major stint of organizing on Sunday, including finally purging/organizing the medicine drawer in my bathroom.  No "before" pictures because it was so awful that even I judged myself for letting it get to that state.

+ Had to run to the mall to get a bday gift for a party Kayla was going to and somehow ended up in Roots. Found a great PJ set in the boys section for myself that were $33 and 30% off.  Combine that with low tax (5%) and holla! cheap pjs that are so comfy.  I love shopping in the kids section.


And this will be happening this week -- high temps one day, blizzard expected the next.

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. We are having the same crazy temp swings here. One day almost 80 the next 40, then 60 then down to 30... wtf. Just stop. I miss facials, I want to get back on that train!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skin is perfection, and that pesto pasta looked amazing! I totally intend on tiger-momming when it comes to kids and dinner. I didn't get to choose what we ate - I ate what was set in front of me. Also, mother nature needs to get her shit together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I think I read Blubber but I don't remember it. Maybe I need to pick it up for myself and keep it for Zoe. Your face. I want to punch it. Its so perfect. I really need to find some type of facial thing here that is comparable to what you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Canada and Kansas (I just typed Kanada.. not enough coffee this AM)... have the same weather. Not really, but it's been springy for weeks and then we had like three cold days with random rain/snow. What even is this? Books, yay books! Sounds like a good weekend to me! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, I bet that pesto tastes amazing! Don't you love when kids argue about eating something then they end up loving it? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy Blume was the author of the book always in hand growing up. I wanted to re-read all the books for a summer challenge.
    I want to see the finish product of that shawl!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. facials for the next 9 months - yes please!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. #tigermom's skin is looking glorious as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our temps have been all over the place too. I wish it would just pick one & stay there... preferably on the warm end of the spectrum.

    My parents were the same way with food when I was growing up. I'm sure I complained from time to time but in hindsight I'm so grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE Roots! This is a store in NYC that I was introduced to by some hockey players (obviously) and I love shopping their sale rack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay. I have to share my laughter which will probably make you appreciate those pj's even more. Here, in Australia, roots (or "to root") is a slang term for shags ("to shag") or fucks ("to fuck").

    My stepkid is one of the best eaters I've ever met for a kid. He honestly doesn't complain or turn his nose up at much. We have a deal, he's allowed to not like something. We don't all love all food. But, he has to try it at least three times. For the most part, there's not much he won't eat. I think I need to introduce him to pesto. I haven't had it in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I've ever read Blubber but I want to check it out! And as a fellow Canadian, you know I can relate to the ridiculous weather in our country...lol. I want to see the finished poncho! What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That pesto looks amazing! Is it easy to make? I've never made my own!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I get massages monthly, but would LOVE to get a facial. Not sure I want someone rubbing my face for a whole hour, but like 20 minutes would be great.I'm fairly expressive, so I feel like my face could use some relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaha i hate pesto but i love that you told kayla no. we ate what my mum cooked, end of story.
    yay books! haven't read blubber in YEARS but will need to grab it again. book points? i'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm waiting for Kill the Father to come in at the library.

    I love pesto. MFD hates it.

    ReplyDelete