Tremblant 2017

9:30 AM

I'm going to be 100% real and say that I know people don't really give a shit about long, lengthy trip posts so I'm going to make it easy for you and give you a summary:

The Good Stuff:

+ It was fucking amazing. 6 families came along and it was so much fun; the kids were going crazy/playing/entertaining themselves which left the parents plenty of time to drink, talk and drink some more.

+ Last year I had one snowboarding lesson about 3hrs before I left and decided to sign up for a refresher. Not only did I kill it, but I also learned how to toe down the hill AND carve big S's. They're not too smooth but it's huge progress compared to last year.

+ I actually went up the mountain on a real snowboarding run - twice. Green hills are for newbies but on my first run, my friends decided to take me up on a blue and part of a black hill (read: steep/fast as fuck). I survived and only fell once but it was so.much.fun.

 


+ Having the bunny hill all to myself. The magic carpet (the escalator up the hill) wasn't working so if you wanted to get to the top, you had to hoof it up. Thank fuck for my fitness level/conditioning because it was no big deal for me (ie. I went up and down for 4 hours a day) but others quit about 2 runs in which meant more space for me to practice.


+ Kayla did her first real ski run down the mountain! She was so nervous but she did amazing and only fell once! SO proud of her!


The Bad Stuff:

+ Learning how to snowboard means falling on your knees and ass multiple times and get whiplash so bad you basically have to freebase Advil all the live long day just to keep practicing.

+ Doing a scorpion when your board catches the front edge so hard that you belly-flop downhill and bruise your vagina in the process.  See image for reference:
+ Not knowing you bruised your vagina during said scorpion until you stop taking Advil for fear of damaging your intestinal lining and wonder how you got kicked in the cooch but then realize it was because you kept face-planting on the hill.

+ Got into a fight with my husband when doing a real mountain run because his snowboarding "tips" were not helping as much as they were annoying me because hello, if I could do what he was saying, don't you think I would?!

I'm off today which means:

  • trying to recover and fix my body (read: 90 minute massage) so I can head back to muay thai tomorrow.  
  • heading to the library to return and replenish my book stash
  • planning for the rest of the week
  • RnR.

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. This sounds mostly awesome... minus the bruises... ouch. Love the photos, love the wintery vacation. People here hate winter. Most people hate winter? I dunno... but I like seeing snowy winter vacations! :) Glad you had fun with the snow boarding and kayla learned skiing successfully. :) I think the bunny slopes are harder... (said after one rousing day of skiing 10 years ago...). Glad you had fun! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO @ the image. That cracked me up. I hope your vagina mends quickly. Glad you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the kind of trip recap I can get behind. It looks fun just because I love snow but that pain... I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Well, without the bruised vag. LOL. Those pictures of the snow covered trees and the building make me long for more winter!!! I think our winter days are over here in the south though. It was in the 60's yesterday. Woof.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when my vagina gets bruised ;) haha
    I had to laugh at the argument with the hubs - we find the most random, stupid places to get in a fight over something that doesnt really matter.
    Glad you had a great time though... & look at your girl hitting the hills!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was legit a perfect recap, I too know that people give zero fucks when the post gets too long. I haven't been snowboarding since I was in high school! I sometimes see my board collecting dust and wonder about if I'll go again. I actually don't have any desire to, so maybe I should just sell it ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scorpion picture sent me into a fit of giggles. I TOTALLY know what you're talking about, only because I've seen other people do it. Ha. I'm glad it was a great trip! That's so awesome about the private bunny slopes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has me so excited for this weekend. We are heading to the Catskills for a ski day. Also, props to you for learning to snowboard - I tried once and hated it. I'm a skier for life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I took one snowboarding lesson, and I quit during it. My boyfriend at the time said "you can't quit!" I replied "the fuck I can't! I paid for it. I can do whatever the hell I want, and I quit!" No regrets. My ass was not made for snowboarding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was in my late teens or early twenties when I decided it might be fun or remotely useful or something to learn a winter sport, but by that time I had a bad reputation of being a wimp in the snow and no one would teach me. David just went on a 5-day snowboarding trip to Utah and it looked awesome, so I'm determined to save up for lessons next year so I can at least do a small resort weekend or something. It just always looks so fun and freeing! Glad you guys had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun trip , minus the injured vag - that picture had me rolling. Everyone looks like they were having an amazing time - and hells yes to kids entertaining themselves to adults can drink. AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol this is awesome. i'm glad you all had a fabulous time. i have only been snowboarding once - many moons ago - and i remember the bruised vagina well.

    ReplyDelete