Things I love -- Holy Grail Makeup Products12:00 AM
Over the years, I've reduced my makeup to the bare minimum (read: just enough so that I don't look like something that crawled out of a crypt); mostly because I'm too lazy to spend time applying it but also because I think that too much makeup on your face isn't good for your skin and I'll take healthy skin over a painted face any day of the week.
1) Concealer. Everyone who reads this blog likely needed concealer at some point in their lives, whether to cover up a blemish or, in my case, hide under-eye circles. Although I get plenty of rest thanks to my old lady bedtime, I can't beat mother nature (aka age) and because of that bitch, I have dark under-eye circles due to my shifting hormone levels. This results in hyper-pigmentation that is common for those with olive skin tones. Rude, right?
But that doesn't mean I have to walk around with two black eyes and for that, I turn to two Giorgio Armani products: the Master Corrector (left) and Concealer (right).
The corrector neutralizes the darkness and the concealer lightens the entire area. These two products are the best on the market (and I've tried everything) - it doesn't dry out my skin, cake or look fake. It's a perfect match to my skin tone and I love them; totally worth the price tag and I will never use anything else.
2) Setting powder. To set the concealer, I use Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder. It contains light-reflecting particles that brighten the entire area without settling into fine lines, caking or drying out the eye area. I only need a tiny amount dabbed on top of the concealer to set it for the rest of the day. This jar legit lasts me well past a year, that's how little of it I need.
3) Eyelash curler. I know everyone loves Shu Uemura but they don't sell replacement pads which is total bullshit so you either have to buy those bootleg replacement pads that suck ass and never fit right or spend another $25 for a new curler which is a waste of money, stupid and fuck that shit.
I have found a great alternative: Shiseido eyelash curler. They also sell replacement pads for $6 (2 per pack).
4) Eyeliner. For everyday wear, I use these amazing pencil liners by Nars. These are legit - it never fades or smudges; they glide on smoothly, are highly pigmented, water and sweat proof. I've trained 2+ hrs in high humidity at muay thai and this doesn't budge. It's amazing. It comes in so many great colours and lasts a long time since you never have to reapply.
For fancy outings, I use a liquid liner and Marc Jacobs Precision Pen is my jam. The fine tip allows for precise accuracy, lasts all day, never smudges, flakes or wears off,
5) Lipstick. My lips can get very dry which is why I rarely wear anything on my lips other than lip balm but when I'm going out and want to look purty, I use Bite lipsticks. Made with food grade colouring, they're the only lipsticks that never dry out my lips, never feels like I'm wearing lipstick and stays put.
What are some of your holy grail makeup products?