Friday Thangs [2-10]

7:43 AM



This was a fantastic work week because I was only in the office for 2 days.

I'm still feeling the effects of snowboarding - bruised ribs and vagina, strained back (right side and lower back) and my left knee is bugging me. I even skipped training yesterday and this morning so I could heal in time for tomorrow's class (fingers crossed).

A great weekend is ahead of me:  today I have my monthly facial acupuncture appointment and I'll also be getting her to insert a few needles in my back and ribs to help speed up the healing process.

Saturday my friend is hosting a Beauty Counter party - have you heard of this brand? apparently it's making a lot of waves because it follows the EU list of 1300+ banned products to ensure nothing harmful is in their products.

But before the weekend begins, here's a short and sweet post for Friday Thangs:

+ I'm switching to a credit card with better points. We have a current card that gives us a few cents off of gas prices but the point system sucks (as in getting a $10 gift card requires like 100,000 points wtf is that all about) and because of my current mileage with our toll highway, I get better discounts for gas so we're switching because money talks.

With this new card, I can select 2 or 3 categories that gives me 2% cash back; anything outside of the selected categories earns 1% cash back.


+ Been binging on Lucifier.  Funny, quirky and he's easy on the eyes.


+ Denis Lehane is such a great author; this book has captivated me from page 1:


+ Kayla tried snowboarding for the first time while we were in Tremblant. She prefers skiing to boarding but at least she tried it.


+ These bottles  are legit.  Double insulated, looks pretty and keeps your liquids hot or cold for hours.

+ Funnies:

Have a great weekend!

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. I love my S'well bottles.

    That Chelsea tweet is ON POINT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol dying in a field from vodka, word.
    I didn't know you could host a Beauty Counter party! How?! I wanna go! They have a cosmetics bag I really want and totally don't need. Plus tons of awesome makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsea Handler's tweets are so funny about Trump.
    I keep hearing great things about those water bottles.
    Isn't it fun that you need a week to recover from a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lucifer!!!! It is one of my favorites. I really like the music they use too. I haven't used any BeautyCounter stuff but I think they had a line for Target recently? I never did get to grab any of it before it was gone. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lady I built a website for is an affiliate (or whatever they are called) for Beauty Counter and she loves the stuff. I want to try it so I am anxious to hear your thoughts on it. I like Lucifer too. It's silly and he is easy on the eyes and oh Lordy (ha!) - that British accent. Chelsea Handler normally grates my nerves a bit, but I have been loving her Trump takedowns and trolling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You convinced me with that trailer, Lucifer looks so fun! Sounds like you have a lot of fun in store for the weekend-- I keep seeing Beauty Counter pop up more and more and it definitely sounds like a great brand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen Beauty Counter, but didn't really know what it was all about! And yes to that Chelsea Handler tweet!! Her Trump tweets are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, Kayla! Good for her for trying boarding out!

    I've never understood how card points work and just have a basic boring card through my credit union with no perks lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew. Chelsea's tweet is brutally awesome. I'm so baffled by American politics right now. Um ow, needles in bruises. Trying not to think about that, but I hope it helps. LOL Off to look at this beauty brand... because I'm already freaking out based on your response. OMG... amazing. My inlaws like Lucifer, but I'm not sure if they are still watching. XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE my S'well bottle, they are worth every single penny! And lol at the bruised vagina! Hope you're feeling better today <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nodding along to that Chelsea Handler tweet!
    Also... the one about dying from vodka in a field, lol. THAT'S the kind of hs memories that make K and I a little terrified to have kids. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chelsea Handler is a GODDESS since this election. Thank goodness for her comments all with a funny twist. Also, my friend swears by her S'well bottle! She works as a production assistant in California and works like 14 hour days and says her water will stay cold all day in her S'Well bottle. You have good taste!

    Kelsey at CandidlyKelseyBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love chelsea's tweet. i keep hearing about those water bottles, but i hate cold water haha so i like the water bottles that don't keep it cold. hashtag weirdo. yay for new credit cards with better points! we earn miles and i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What did you think of the Beautycounter stuff? I'm so excited that it's picking up steam :)

    ReplyDelete