Weekending & Shizz - the last weekend of January

  • January 30, 2017
  • By Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky
  • 16 Comments

+ I've been battling a cold that needs to go away before we leave for vacation so needless to say, I went through my mom's entire bag of ginger and gulping ginger/lemon/honey tea like it's my job.



+ We leave for Mt. Tremblant on Thursday! It crept up so fast so I'm in full planning mode which obviously means lists for days.



+ Remember that post where I stated that I'm pretty sure I exercised my period away? I'm right because this month I made sure I didn't go below (or above) 130lbs, exercised moderately (ie only went to muay thai 3 or 4 times a week instead of my usual 6) and whoop there it was - my period on time and normal...again.


+ Went to see Louis CK on Thursday night even though I was under the weather and tired as fuck.  It was 8pm, I was out on a work night and sick....just goes to show how much I love Louis CK otherwise I would have given my ticket away.



+ Our fancy monthly date night was on Saturday. I was going to cancel because of said sickness but I booked this back in November and I wasn't about to wait another 2 months. Nothing that a little whiskey can't fix, right?

+ I've been killing it, book-wise.  Just replenished our stock for the Tremblant trip and I love the fact that my husband is finally getting back into reading!


+ I have a new thing where I watch a movie that I know nothing about.  The most recent one was The Accountant with Ben Affleck, Anna Kendrick and Shane Jon Bernthal.  Is it just me or does Ben Affleck have a punchable face?  because every time I see him, that's exactly what I want to do.  Anna Kendrick is too chipper to be in a drama role and I was half expecting her to bust out in tune.  The only saving grace was Jon Bernthal (he will forever be Shane or the Punisher in my mind) who stole the show.


On a sad note, my heart goes out to those families and individuals who were victims of a Muslim-targeted terrorist attack last night at the Islamic Cultural Center in Quebec City.  Two armed gunmen opened fire during prayers, wounding many and killing 6. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN THIS WORLD.


Be kind to each other. 
Religion, race or ethnicity matters not; only the goodness in your heart.


You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. The world is a mess. I can't even believe what is happening.

    Ben Affleck has the most punch able face ever.

    Yay for vacation! I need one but for now I will just have to live vicariously through all you other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would love to see louis CK - hope you have a fun time on vacation!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you - what is happening? Its like the world is loosing their minds all at the same time!!!!!!!
    Punchable face...hmmm... never thought of it like that but I see it.
    Glad you still made it to the show. Laughter IS supposed to be the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you got to see Louis CK even if you weren't feeling well on a school night. And duh, whiskey is alcohol and alcohol kills germs. Clearly that was a good thing.

    I totally hadn't heard about Quebec yet, that is insanity!!! So sad and senseless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope your cold goes away! im glad your period came back :)
    oh my goodness, i had not heard about Quebec. that is so horrible. what the fuck indeed. it's bullshit.
    Ben Affleck totally has a punchable face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like a kindred spirit with Ben...we both have resting bitch face.

    Hopefully your tea binge helps you with the cold before Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL - punchable face - Hell yes. I don't know if it would do any damage because seriously, he has to lay off the botox. I am so pissed about the shooting at Quebec City. We scream and rant about terrorists but we are becoming terrorists too. Sorry to hear about your cold, hopefully all the tea is helping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The news out of Quebec was absolutely devastating. So sad. Hope you feel better before vacation! And hope you LOVE The Golden Son!!! I really enjoyed it and her other book, Secret Daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your skin is seriously so beautiful! Glad you all got a date night in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh I have some shit comin on & so as soon as I got home from work today I started downing honey & tea. I hope that you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry you're sick and hope you're feeling better. We've been battling a nagging cold, and I've drank a ton of lemon/honey water, but will definitely add ginger next time too! My husband haaates Ben Affleck, so he would definitely agree with you on that, haha. So devastating to hear the news from Quebec.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What happened in Quebec is heartbreaking, and I'm so tired of these terrible acts of violence.
    I hope Louis CK was worth it...I'm guessing he was.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Honestly, the world we live in now seems like it's falling apart. Glad you were able to do some positive things this weekend. I just recently had the stomach bug and remembered how ginger was supposed to help with nausea so I added some minced ginger to my lemon/honey tea and it was AMAZING! And I'm not really a fan of ginger but it was bomb. Will definitely be making more of that soon. And yes to your thoughts on The Accountant characters! Lol. I really loved the movie as a whole though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look great for being sick!
    Oh the list-making. I'm familiar with it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Punchable face... OMG... you're my favorite. I am dying over here ahahaha.

    ReplyDelete