Let's do this.

  • January 02, 2017
  • By Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky
  • 16 Comments

Can I just start off by saying that I've majorly enjoyed stuffing my facehole with zero guilt this past holiday?  it's been way too long since I let myself do that and my inner fatty loved every second.

Can I also admit that I thought this challenge/linkup started yesterday, I maintained my bulletproof discipline until about 3:18pm when I realized this challenge actually starts today and I was so happy that I immediately went straight to my cupboard to polish off the popcorn that I was thinking about all.day.long.  Sort of like a send off to fun eating. Now, let us bow our heads and have a moment of silence as we bid farewell to shovelling delicious food into our faces.

I'm stoked to get back on the healthy wagon and I already know my plan:  eat clean and work out like fuck --

The eating.  
-- Good bye holiday treats, chocolate, popcorn and copious amounts of wine.  Goodbye mint chocolate errting.  Goodbye chemical-laden-yet-so-delicious mint coffee creamer.  I'll miss each and every one of you.
-- My eating will be back to my usual - a modified version of paleo ie. I take sugar and cream with my coffee, I drink wine on Fridays and on occasion, I eat cheese. Although I'll be consuming these things, I'll go back to super disciplined eating.  Been there, done that so no big deal.
-- I'm going 100% grain free again. I cut myself a little slack in December and allowed myself to eat an english muffin once in a while. If it's one thing I'll miss, it's my homemade egg mcmuffin breakfast sandwich.
-- Sorry mom, when you bring home those delicious spring rolls and bbq pork buns from dimsum, count me out #sads.
-- Already baked my grain-free bread for the week.
-- No snacking whenever I see a treat.  Just my regular ol' 3 meals a day.
-- I'll be recording my eating habits for the first 2 weeks to make sure that I stay on track and rebuild the routine. This has always worked for me - when I know I have to write shit down, I never deviate and I stick to the plan.

The exercise:
-- I'll be hitting it hard at muay thai, as always.
-- more weight lifting and circuit training.  Muay thai is my #1 choice for workouts and while it's allowed me to maintain my strength and is amazing for cardio training, I do miss lifting weights so I'll be focusing on 2 muscle groups during each lifting session.
-- more running, even if it's on the vile treadmill.  Gotta get that cardio training in.
-- snowshoeing.
-- Yoga.  Groupon, where you at?

The schedule:
-- Monday = Rest day
-- Tuesday = Muay thai
-- Wednesday = Strength & conditioning
-- Thursday = Muay thai
-- Friday = Muay thai
-- Saturday = Muay thai
-- Sunday = Snow shoeing (if there's snow); if not, yoga.

The stats:
Right now, I'm 132lbs.  Not mad about that since I thought it would be more. That's a 5lbs gain from Dec 1, so my target is to lose those 5lbs in the coming weeks.
Body fat% and pants size are still the same (whew!) so nothing else has changed other than the scale.

Are you joining in?
Linking up with Nadine and Amy

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. You are so damn disciplined. It really is inspiring. Good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your commitment to eating right is really amazing. I can motivate myself to work out all day long, but I'm so weak when it comes to food! I've way overindulged over the holidays though and while it's been fun, I'm looking forward to getting some of this crap out of my system!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are a planner. I can so totally relate to that and I think it is a huge key to success! Looking forward to getting back on track right along with you!! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got this girl! I ate and drank all the things this past month, and need to reel it in now that life should get back to normal. I need to lose those pesky last 10 lbs. of pregnancy weight, because fitting into my pre-baby clothes will be the ultimate reward. And can I just say those homemade egg mcmuffins sound amazing?! Happy New Year <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely planning on getting myself in better shape! I did yoga this morning and have been eating super clean so far today. I am still figuring out the food portion because I am a firm believer in treating myself once in a while ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For real, your healthy eating and self discipline are so inspiring. I'll be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you, more than anyone, will rock these goals because you're a disciplined beast!!! I'm glad you had some fun eating for the holidays this year though. Let's do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to make some grain free bread. I am tired of eggs and I really don't like yogurt and I need to eat breakfast.

    Your discipline is amazing, and I love that you put it all out there, too. I'm so private and quiet about my plans and goals for this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started my Whole30 challenge today. I am excited about it so i think I can make it all 30 days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need your discipline. I suck at moderation. I'm either eating 8 tacos, or no tacos, but I can't just eat 2 or 3. So, whole bottle of wine, or no wine. And my heart says wine, but my stomach pudge says no wine. -___- I'm trying, and I know it will get easier, it's these first few weeks that suck for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so hard to not indulge a little when every single person brings you a basket or pan of baked goods. I think we've finally gotten rid of all the holiday treats in our house so going back to clean eating! You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too would like to know how one juices tacos. Actually, I think it's called tequila.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Damn I wish I had your discipline. It's already 6 days into 2017 and I haven't gotten my shit together yet. Technically, today is the last day of the "holidays" here on Guam so I've got until tomorrow to continue slacking off. Looks like I'd better get started by posting my intentions/goals and linking up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you go girl! you totally got this. i had high hopes for this year and this challenge, but for obvious reasons things fell apart for the first week. but now that i have better news i can stop being a fat lazy shit and start focusing on myself again :) at least re: eating and working out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your workout routine is awesome! I'm really impressed by it!

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete