Friday Favourites [1-20]

  • January 20, 2017
  • By Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky
  • 14 Comments



+ I spent all of my free time (outside of the gym) with my nose in a book.  There were many times I debated on skipping the gym because I wanted to know what happened next.  I ignored my husband, my child and my coworkers because YOU GUYS - this series.  THIS SERIES.  Talk about a rollercoaster of emotions and nail-biting chapters. Thankfully, my library had all three so I went through one after the other, staying up late, reading during conference calls, ignoring everyone at the lunch table.


+ My department sits together for lunch at the lounge table but they were making way too much noise as I tried to read my book #rude.  I decided to sit by the couches and when I got up, my director said "are you going to ignore us again?" to which I responded with "yeah, bye" and sat here for the rest of the hour.


+ So many times, I wanted to stop reading when certain things happened, when something bad happened to characters I loved or there was a crazy intense plot.


+ How I felt after I finished the series:
[image credit: anytimecomics.com]


+ I'm suffering from book hangover and I'm trying my damndest to forget how amazing Red Rising was so I can concentrate on this book:


+ I forgot that I didn't collect my free birthday gift at Sephora so I did just that the other day.  I haven't tried the lipstick (not a fan of non-Bite Beauty lipstick products) but I did try the eyeliner and it didn't disappoint.  I'm a big fan of MJ's eye products; I have his waterproof liquid (pen) liner and that shit is legit - doesn't smear, flake, or fade.  My usual go-to pencil liner is NARS Larger Than Life and this one is just as bulletproof and $1 cheaper!


+ Putting my douchey tanktops to work:


+ In addition to inhaling my books, I've been spending time with my new Curio machine trying to figure out how to work this thing.  What they don't tell you is there's a huge learning curve to this and the instructions are: there are no instructions. You're basically left to your own devices and frustration to internet super sleuth how to work this fucking thing with the cutting depth, ratchet blade setting, margins and that shit, also knows as: wasting a shit ton of paper. 

I did manage to figure it out and now I can make my own planner stickers!


Of course, making your own planner stickers requires a colour printer so I found a great one on sale for $69 (regular price $180). 


Later this evening, I have my monthly facial acupuncture with a co-worker followed by a scrumptious seafood dinner. It's low key weekend here (thank god) so lots of relaxing to be had.

Have a great weekend!

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. According to natural/green beauty vloggers I've been watching, this one: https://www.antonymcosmetics.com/collections/professional-makeup-brushes/products/noir is holy grail. I'll report back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know it's a good book when...you do all of the above LOL! Hope you enjoy your facial today! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that coffee tank.
    Also... I'm laughing so hard that you essentially ignored your entire life to read that series! I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one who wants to throw the book down and walk away when something happens to my people... Of course, 5 minutes later I'm running back to the book and digging in again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My work is so used to me ignoring them in all instances - they dont even invite me to lunch or outings anymore ;) That's how its done like a boss :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Red Rising series so much. I had a few weeks break between 1 and 2 (wait list or some nonsense of that nature) but read 2 & 3 back-to-back. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little jealous of your book hangover, the book I'm currently reading sucks. It started off great and I loved the synopsis, but after 100 pages it took a sharp decline and now I just want it to be over so I can move on. I'm giving it one more chapter and if it doesn't vastly improve after that I'm giving up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesss, love finding a book that sucks you in like that. I think it's funny that you all sit together at lunch! We mostly all lunch alone at my work since we get enough of each other all day anyway, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the first two years at my job I ignored my coworkers and ate alone in the break room with a book. Now two of them bring their lunch daily too so I play nice and chat. So annoying, lol. Yay for making your own planner stickers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha I woke up this morning actually & briefly thought it was still a week day. I was over the moon when I remembered it was Saturday.

    Even though more tank tops is the last thing I need, I need that coffee tank in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I promise I'm not completely introverted, but have discovered that I'm in a much better mood if I eat lunch alone and read. Too much complaining from colleagues when we all eat together...I end up being grumpy. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to read the series! I am fully prepared to commit to books and ignore people! Also I got the other Sephora gift because they no longer had the lipstick and eyeliner and I have to say I'm really pleased with the facemask and cleanser! Although I really would have liked to try the eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to read a trilogy for my reading challenge this year so it looks like Red Rising will be the one I'm gonna read! And yay to making your own planner stickers! I don't have a cutting machine so I have to cut by hand, which sucks balls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Techy learning curves are kind of my least favorite thing. I got a lettering tablet and I get so frustrated with it. I need to just find some freaking video tutorials. That's awesome that you can make your own planner stickers now! HHAH KC and I work in the same place and we eat together... and that's about it! Want to read that series and homegoing. Haven't been reading AT ALL because of our move... hoping to be settled by tomorrow night and start settling in our stuff and get back to normal life!! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay red rising! so glad you loved it.
    i wish i could ignore my coworkers and do my own thing for lunch. blah.

    ReplyDelete