Weekending & Shizz [12-12]

  • December 13, 2016
  • By Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky
  • 9 Comments

You know you had a great weekend when it takes you a day to draft up your review.  That, and you forget that you already scheduled a post.

The month-long Treat yo'self December birthday celebration is in full effect and it started off with a bang:

+ Went to our local outdoor Christmas market. It was cold AF and while I could have done without going, at least we got in for free (after a certain time they charge $6 admission), Kayla had fun (which was the whole point of going) and I don't have to go again!



+ Topped off Christmas market night with pizza. Some of you may think that pizza isn't blog worthy but I haven't had legit pizza since 2012 so you goddamn right it's fucking blog worthy.  I've had pretend cauliflower crust pizza but let's face it - that shit just doesn't cut it no matter how much you dress it up; it's still pretend pizza and nothing can substitute for REAL CRUST pizza.  My mouth had tiny orgasms as I shoveled in slice after slice.



+ Every year, we celebrate the December gals birthdays (mine, my friend's) which is just an excuse to stuff our faces beyond reason and this year was no different.  We had a fantastic tapas-style dinner; ate all the food, drank all the dranks and chatted/caught up with one another. It was an amazing time, as always.

And every December since 2011, I take a pic with my good friend as a reminder of what kicked off the start of my "journey to a healthier me".  Sweet baby jesus, just look at the size of my face in 2011.


+ Sunday I had a wonderful 75 minute facial at one of my favourite places, Pure + Simple.  I chose the luxurious "Refine and Rejuvenate facial" which includes LED light therapy, salt microdermabrasion, steam treatment, face/decollate/arm/leg/scalp massage and an incredible hydrating mask. It was heaven.


Old man winter blew through last night and took a big dump on the city.  It was the biggest snowfall so far, which translated to about 6-10cm on the ground.  You know winter is here when you have to bust out your eskimo boots because the snow is half way up your calves and Canada #rage.


+ Speaking of rage, you do a good deed by shovelling your (old) neighbour's driveway and just as you're done, the fucking snow plow comes through; dumping compacted, knee-high snow at the end of the driveway.  I swear, I saw that asshole laugh as he drove by.


+ Finally got my winter tires on so a lot of this will be happening (kidding. Sort of):


+ Movies that are queued up for the holiday:  The Revenant, The Family Stone, Inception, Dope.

+ And I do not care that this is bad for you - every holiday I buy this for my coffee because delicious!


+ Not sure what's happened in the last week but seems that my basement is now a wifi black hole and the signal is patchy as fuck. One of the most annoying things in the history of ever is shitty wifi that keeps dropping. 
And so, I've had to dig up an oldass router and configure the damn thing to be a repeater and it's been a life saver.  Word to the wise: don't toss your old routers - it's a great and cheap way to get wifi in dead spots in your house!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I wish we had an outdoor Christmas market! And I love snow, but we got a pathetic little amount over the weekend and it's giving me serious envy for all the other northern/Midwest states in this country.
    The Family Stone is SUCH a great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait hi HOW did you go so long without pizza?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not seen that creamer before. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.
    That's how I drive EVERY snow here. My car is the WORST in snow. I dread it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pizza looks delicious! I live in an old farmhouse...aka a house that was not built to be wifi friendly. For reasons that I don't understand one side of my double bed gets wifi just fine but the other side is a complete dead zone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Freaking love that photo of you guys under the FAMILY sign.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pizza is one of my most favorites foods and I couldn't live that long without real pizza crust. And that particular pizza looks freaking delicious. I'm going back to MN this weekend and my brother told me that the HIGH is going to minus something. It is 60+ degrees in LA and that is COLD. How will survive? By complaining. A lot. :D Your facial sounds amazing. They are my absolute favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bad wifi is the worst. Boo on the snow plow guy. Ugh. OMG pizza. I wish christmas markets were more of a thing here.. The Family Stone has my heart. XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great weekend though! Mmm pizza! I'm praying we get a shit ton of snow. Makes the cold worth it. Kind of...

    The spot I'm currently living at is a complete an utter dead zone, even with WiFi. It cuts out all the time. And if there's none, there is barely cell service. So happy to be moving this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for awesome movie choices!

    I would have wanted to murder the snow plow guy.

    Yes legit pizza!

    75 minute facial....I may die of jealousy.

    ReplyDelete