Post-Christmas recap

  • December 27, 2016
  • By Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky
  • 9 Comments

Did everyone have a great Christmas?

Did everyone stuff their faces beyond reason to the point where it was difficult to move? (I did). 


Is everyone still holidaying? I'm supposed to be back working but my brain is still in holiday mode.  


Let's do a quick recap, shall we?


+ This ecard 100% describes my holiday eating this year....a first since 2012, I ate like it was the last supper for me and man, I've forgotten how delicious gluttony was (is) #yolo.



+ This is one of MANY dinners...and lots of holiday treats.


+ The only book I read all holiday....get on it; it's so good!


+ 3-night slumber party in our media room where we curled up with movies popcorn and later than normal bedtimes.  Is it sad that you and your 8yr old share the same bedtime? #oldladybedtime.


+ Welcomed this into my craft room:  I DIE!!!!!!!!
I've been wrestling with the idea of buying this machine for years but could never justify the price. My husband corroborated with my friend and upon her advice, bought me this machine and craftgasms all the live long day.  It's so pretty, I almost don't want to take it out of the box!

+ Speaking of my craft room, I finally got some time to reorganize it.  This is where stuff gets banished when we have guests over for dinner.
That pegboard on the right? that was Kayla's and I got tired of waiting for her to make use of it so I decided to take it over.  Look at all that wasted space!

I'm not the most creative person when it comes to hacks but when I come up with them, they're so fucking brilliant I can't even handle it.  I had some empty bins lying around, needed some storage (shelving or bins) for my pegboard so why not combine the two?  Slap on some washi tape and voila! pretty fancy bins.
I obviously had to bust out my label maker because organizing without a label maker is like baking without flour.


My new paint area

+ Boxing day shopping was a hit. I really needed some winter boots (Uggs aren't cutting it this year with all the damn snow) and I'm too cheap to buy them full price so internet super sleuthing was kicked into high gear for the best boxing day deals I could find.  I found a store that was selling them for 50% off between the hours of 7-9am on Dec 26 (Boxing day) but it was in-store only deal.  Rage.  I hate humans as it is but Boxing day humans?  I'd rather have my vagina soccer-kicked repeatedly then line up with a bunch of fuckwits on the busiest shopping day of the year.

So, my wonderful husband said that he would go for me (he left at 530am) and came home a few hours later with these babies.  From $169.99 to $84.99.  


+ I'll be honest and admit that I was pretty lit most of the holiday. When you're not used to drinking that much, you somehow end up breaking the bottle opener and are legit dumbfounded.  Obviously, the first thing that must be done is text the Ahole Bros group.
Kristen asks the most important questions, though.


+ My favourite picture of the holiday - this is what happens when you Christmas so hard (how we found Kayla one evening as we were wondering why she was so quiet).


Hope you all had a great Christmas!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Sounds like a glorious weekend!! I feel sick form the eating though. I let myself go hog wild as well and I'm not 100% sure it was worth it lol. That pic of Kayla is classic

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Kayla is the best!! Hahahahaha!
    You did the holidays right when you break wine bottle openers and hibernate under mounds of blankets like that media room picture!
    I can't believe your husband went out for the boots. Mine would NEVER do that, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - That picture of Kayla needs to be your christmas card for next year :)
    I am loving those boots!
    Cant wait to see what crafty things you come up with your new machine!
    I am pretty sure I'm on the brink of diabetes right now. My stomach bloat is on day 3... & BIRTHDAY is ahead -why stop now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still high fiving your awesome deal on the boots and M for getting them for you!!! Still love the picture of Kayla, makes me smile!!!! And the cork is still cracking me up. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i requested front lines from the library! which is bad because i have 42 books from the library already and i can't read that many. i am so glad you got your boots - they are fabulous.
    that picture of Kayla is fantastic, seriously.
    and hey, getting the cork out is obviously the most important thing! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your husband rocks for getting those boots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That E-Card.. yes.. so true. I don't even want to say how many pieces of cheesecake I ate over the weekend. Your husband is awesome for getting those boots for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That e card is pretty much my life right now.

    I am SO JEALOUS of your craft room! Your awesome storage solutions are Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG that picture of Kayla is so stinking priceless. Adorable. :) Movie nights and late nights and crafting are most of my favorite things. We binged New Girl (again) and I PL'd for days. We took the full week off and it was marvelous! :) Glad you had a great holiday. Jelly of that craft room... and the silhouette... *heart eyed emoji* XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete