Out with the old, in with the new

10:55 AM





December is an exciting time for all of us - the holidays coming, everyone is putting up their tree, decorating their house, many will be on vacation soon and it's my birthday month!

But first, let's talk about this new blog.  Thanks to all who updated your feed with my new URL. Even if you didn't, I'll stalk you anyway.  I still have a few things to figure out, had to revert to a standard template because custom templates are total fuckery and I can't find the time to edit code to my preference.  Why must custom templates screw with your image sizes and I have to edit CSS to over-write them? I'm already missing my paid Typepad account.

Anyway, let's kick off this new blog with a typical "what's been going on 'round here" post:

+ I've been crocheting lots of things, namely (Christmas) gifts.  
(unfinished) Spiderman hat for my friend's 3yr old son.


+ The library just loves messing with my routine - it sent me a bunch of books all at once when I've been busy/distracted with other things and haven't felt like reading.  I've been waiting for Dark Matter for months but when I saw that there were 41 people in line, I decided to force myself to sit down and start reading instead of returning it and having to wait another eleventy billion months.  Glad I started reading it because it's SO GOOD.




+ Back to Treat yo'self birthday month...We start with a fancy dinner with my girlfriends on Sunday, followed by a luxurious facial next week Saturday. The following week is a half day at the spa and the week after that is a wonderful TWO HOUR massage. 



+ It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. The tree is up, outdoor lights are up as are our blow-up thingys. Kayla makes it a point to give Santa a high-five every time we come home.



+ Totally looking forward to our Christmas breakfast tradition where hubby makes us a feast. This year I've asked him to try this recipe: baked cheesy hash browns #getinmybelly.



+ when you get a free Starbucks drink, you get the biggest one your stomach can handle and fuck calories because free calories don't count. I thoroughly enjoyed my first Peppermint Mocha to welcome in December.





+ How true is this?



+ Did you see the guy who punched a Kangaroo to save/free his dog from the clutches of that ripped 'roo?  And the Kangaroo's expression after the punch like,  "OHNOYOUDIDN'T, BRO".



+ Esquire did a Tom Hardy Photoshoot and interview. You're welcome.

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. and YES THAT IS WHY I HATE KANGAROOS. everyone is always like oh they are so cute. no. they are nasty as fuck and if you ever see one in real life, they will most likely try to hurt you (and your dogs apparently). the only time i have gone up to a kangaroo is in a wildlife park where they are more used to humans.
    anyway.
    love the spiderman hat! the hash brown shit look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW who knew about kangaroos?! Definitely not the cuddly "Kanga" and "Roo" from Winnie the Pooh :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kangaroos freak me the f*ck out. I'm an animal lover, so I don't necessarily enjoy seeing one punched, but those things are like ripped t-rex-deer. Freaky....

    I have a $100 gift certificate for the spa from my "dogs" (husband) from last Christmas and I STILL haven't used it. I have a feeling your posts about your birthday month will finally kick me in the pants to make some appointments to pamper myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved Dark Matter! I'm glad you do too.

    Just scheduled my massage for Friday night and the first weekend in January.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would do anything to save my dog, including punch another animal in the face, so you go dude! That bro 'roo is terrifyingly huge and ripped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl! The new design looks great and nothing beats FREE!!! Man, your crocheting is awesome . . . so impressed! I watched that kangaroo video - whoa. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, enjoy that facial!!!! And cheesy hashbrowns??? Now I'm drooling on my keyboard lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would punch a kangaroo to save my dog too. #sorrynotsorry

    Yep. I have to throw the calories to the wind with a free Starbucks drink. They'll ask me if I want to use my free drink on a small order & I'm like, OH NO -I'm waiting till its like a $6.00 drink :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh my gosh Tom Hardy AND Tom Hiddleston in one post!? HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME not YOU!

    JK Happy Birthday week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What! Kangaroos are mean? Holy crap! I'd punch one too to save my cat but still ... it kind of bums me out to know kangaroos are dicks. The spiderman hat is freaking adorable! And I fully support a birthday celebration month. It should be a law or something. Am totally envious of the 2 hour massage. Heaven! And the Chucky doll meme - LOL and #truth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally rewriting my Christmas celebration routine this year, and will be home for a while Christmas morning with the bf as we spend our first one together. I want to have something good and homey for us for breakfast and that hash brown bake thing looks like it's gonna be it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cheesy hashbrowns look & sound like heaven! Holy punch a kangaroo! Why are Australian animals so damn angry?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday month! That spiderman hat is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loki gif > Tom Hardy photo.
    Dark Matter has peaked my interest after so many people have given rave reviews about it. I may have to add it to my TBR.
    That kangaroo video is still making me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol omg the chucky doll photo is so true! I had nightmares when I was a kid from that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That Spiderman hat is the coolest ever!

    Oh man, I keep hearing SO many good things about Dark Matter. I need to get on that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your crochet works of art!

    Cheesy hashbrowns sound like the best thing ever.

    I'm always inspired by your treat yourself for your birth month since my birthday is also this month. I wish I had the funds to do those awesome things! Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your crochet is so amazing! You're so talented. :)

    Umm, cheesy hash browns sound amazing.

    I LOVED Dark Matter. Such a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Um that hat is so awesome! I wish that I had skills... hahah Ok, now I extra want to read that book. It's the best and also worst when the library sends you all the books at once. My friend just got like 3 books, two movies, and a TV series. One of the books is Outlander 2 and she only gets it for 2 weeks. SO MUCH PRESSURE! LOL First peppermint mocha ... ever? or just of the season? I forget about Tom Hardy... I don't know how... XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just updated my feedly with your new URL this morning :) happy birthday month YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete