Holiday things I'm looking forward to....

  • December 12, 2016
  • By Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky
  • 15 Comments



+ Christmas dinners. Because food, obviously.

+ Family slumber parties.  This year we've managed to arrange our schedule so that Kayla doesn't have to go to camp over the holidays - my husband is off for two weeks starting December 16 and I'm off the first week of January.  This means that they'll be lots of family slumber parties where we all curl up in the media room with movies and popcorn and then fall asleep cuddling. Best.

+ Christmas day.  That first sip of delicious coffee on Christmas day, everyone in their PJs and robe as we listen to Kayla's squeals of excitement as she tears into her gifts. Family feast. Christmas movies all.day.long. Seeing family.

+ Christmas breakfast.  I can't remember when we started this tradition but my husband makes a big breakfast complete with bacon (which we never have) and real pancakes (instead of the grain free ones).

+ Reading.  I totally let reading fall by the wayside because I was distracted with crocheting...if only there was a way to crochet AND read at the same time; that would be my ultimate wish. 

+ Quiet time at work.  Everyone at work is taking holidays soon which is amazing because I can actually get work done without all the daily distractions (read: demanding work humans).  I also love that traffic will be super light and I won't have to deal with rush hour traffic.  

My holiday begins in January -- I prefer taking time off in January when the rush is back which means during the holidays, the office will be quiet and I can get lots of work done.

+ Boxing day.  For American peeps, this is our version of Black Friday.  December 26 is when Canadians chuck politeness out the window and turn into vicious fucktards ready to hockey-fight anyone for cheap goods.

What are you looking forward to this holiday?


You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. All of the above!! Family, food and relax time to be exact. I have a book to finish and one to start over the break. Oh and the new season of Vikings, I have been saving the episodes just for Christmas so don't tell me anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to all of the above! I leave for Minnesota Saturday & will get to be there for 2 weeks. I cannot wait to be babied with real food all day err day & getting to see friends & family that I haven't seen in far too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family gatherings! Christmas morning coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I'm not overly excited about Christmas this year I am excited for the house to smell like Christmas once we get the tree up. And going to church on Christmas Eve followed by the best kind of family potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to all of the relaxing and fun family related Christmas things as well. And a BIG YES to the food!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make Christmas breakfast... which is typically the same breakfast I make every weekend, but it just FEELS more magical :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw family slumber parties are the best! We call ours "movie night" but same concept. The kids seriously love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am most definitely looking forward to seeing my family (in less than a week). I am not looking forward to the actual traveling part. Travel to Minnesota is always iffy in the winter. :D But they are worth it! I am looking forward to food and more food and more food. I love that your husband makes your family a big Christmas breakfast! And I forgot to mention those cheesy hashbrowns you showed us in your last post. I almost licked my screen admiring them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you guys have slumber parties - Kayla must get a kick out of that! Hopefully Caleb will want to do the same with us in a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always forget what boxing day is... perhaps not anymore... that's a strong image! haha Family slumber parties and breakfast and feasts sound great. We've been doing cozy nights with board games and xmas movies or music on. Our tree all lit up. I did a bit of baking... but not too much yet. Excited for that later. We also like wrapping gifts together. The nutcracker is on my list... we'll see when we are able to go! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  11. I normally don't take time off during the holidays so yes, it's so nice to have a quiet office & less traffic! I'm mostly looking forward to the food!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We call them "family camp outs" and are enjoyed by all by my group too. I've got a friend and her son coming to visit from Texas, so that is going to make these holidays all the more fun for me. I get to play tour guide for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christmas slumber parties sound so fun!! I can't wait for the day when we can do that with our little guy! And nothing beats Christmas morning breakfast. It seriously might be my most favorite thing about Christmas! This list made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. your family slumber parties sound amazing.
    you could listen to audiobooks while crocheting? not as fun as actual reading.
    quiet time at work is legit my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm looking forward to be extremely lazy next weekend. And spending all the hours with my niece.

    ReplyDelete