Friday Thangs [12-23]

  • December 23, 2016
  • By Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky
  • 11 Comments


It's Christmas weekend! Can you believe it?

We have a full weekend of Christmas celebration - my sister is coming over tonight for a grand feast and presents, then it's Christmas Eve tomorrow night at the inlaws for more food and presents, followed by Christmas day back at home....we spend the day in our jammies lounging around, snacking on whatever and watch Christmas movies all.day.long.

December 26 is Boxing Day which means my annual tradition of going to Michaels at 7am where there's NO LINE (I'm usually the only person in there) and I buy all the things.  I've been doing this for the past 4 years and it's amazing because cheap prices plus additional discounts? YES, PLEASE.  I'll also be doing some online shopping if there are any deals.
Here's what's on my boxing day list:
  • Uggs.  IDGAF if people think Uggs are ugly; they're comfortable and warm and make me feel like I'm walking on clouds. 
  • Sorel boots. Because Canada.
  • Running tights. Preferably Under Armor.  Will definitely be shopping in the Girls section because it's cheaper and less tax.
  • Sports bras.  When you workout as much as I do, no matter how many times I wash my sports bras, they are gross and stink. I've even washed them using a hardcore $80 cycling/hockey detergent and nope, doesn't help. I literally need to throw all of my sports bras away and buy new ones.
December 26 also marks a happy occasion -- I no longer have to deal with that fucking elf anymore because all elves "go back to Santa on Christmas night".  Saya-fucking-nara, you annoying piece of shit.  Hopefully by this time next year, Kayla would have grown out of it and I no longer have to lie to her face about that damn elf.

Now, on to the last Friday Thangs before Christmas!

+ THIS ORNAMENT WINS ALL THE DIY AWARDS IN THE WORLD.

+ Speaking of DIY, fuck spending money when you can make shit at home.  My husband took some scraps he had in the basement and made me a standing desk thingy.  I've been eyeing his at work and when I came home today, this is what I see!



+ Got tix for the inlaws Christmas gift to see this with the entire family. I've never heard of this but magic shows are always awesome.  January 2, 7:30pm.


+ Look what one of my fav clinics sent me for my upcoming birthday! I can get down with a $5 discount.


+ Fellow Canadian actor Keanu Reeves is "eh" on my scale of great actors but he sure does play John Wick right.  Part 2 coming soon:


+ Funnies:


People decided to write "reviews" on Ivanka Trump boots and OMFG I nearly pissed myself laughing!

Here are some of the funnier reviews:
"BUYER BEWARE! These boots are some sort of port key or wrinkle in the space time continuum.. I put them on and I was transported back to Berlin in 1933."

"Both boots for some reason are right. One is marked as extremely right, the other as alt-right, though they look the same to me. Just bizarre.  Sizing and all other info is in Russian, but they are made in China. The only plus is that they look really well together with either a brown shirt or a white hood."

"Perfect for stomping on the necks of those you oppress. Fashionable Fascism! :-)"

"Perfect for visiting friendly political operatives during those cold Russian winters."


You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I love uggs too, wearing them at work right now with stretchy pants. Don't even care. I am looking forward to Christmas day laziness too! It's the best! Merry Christmas Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, did you make that Die Hard ornament? Amazing.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will always love my Uggs...and stand by spending the extra money to buy the real ones because in my experience they really do hold up longer than the knock offs. Enjoy all your holiday celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I love reading the comments/reviews on things. They are almost always more entertaining than what the actual thing is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Die Hard ornament is AMAZING!!!!
    I am in such dire need for new sports bras. Everything fitness goes on clearance January 1st so I'm holding out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those reviews are the best... looks good with a brown shirt or white hood. HA. Love it.

    The Mike Tyson meme is amazing. Hahahahahaha! Hope you guys have a great weekend! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uggs are the shit, I've had a pair since I was like fifteen. I don't often wear them in public, but when I do I have no shame. Also, I need some solid winter boots. HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome that your husband made you that desk!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never owned Uggs but I've always wanted a pair. That Die Hard ornament is amazing. It's totally a Christmas movie too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too do not care if UGGs are ugly. They're comfortable they are warm and they are wonderful to wear when it is bitter cold outside! Also I should my husband that Die Hard ornament and now I believe we will have to make one for our tree!

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg that ornament is the shit. and omg those reviews on the boots - hilarious. uggs are amazing, who cares if they are ugly?! i personally don't think they are ugly, KC hates them lol

    ReplyDelete